Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Okay...best meal in Roma...







Coloseo at night;
Me;
Gnocchi;
My meal, beef with truffles;'
R's fish!


I hadn't meant to write again today, but MUST post info about the BEST meal we've EVER had in Roma -- possibly in Italia!

To catch up ... after naps, we wandered around -- down the Spanish steps (which beats going up them...) down Via Condotti -- took the small electric buses; wound up at the Coloseo -- took some pictures, then decided to head back to the heart of town for food. Got off the bus near the Piazza Colona, and found a restaurant called "Vitti" -- WOW!

For starters, R had their homemade gnocchi -- which I used to call "dough lumps"...it was so light that it almost floated off the plate!! Just wonderful! I had their insalata with grilled vegetables (egg plant, zucchini, olives) and tomatoes and mozzarella -- YUMMY! For mains, R had the sole cooked in salt -- very unusual; makes a VERY hard crust, and needed to actually be chipped out! My main was a piece of beef topped by black truffles...both plates came with wonderful potatoes, stuff egg plant, and a mushroom stuffed with sausage. Absolutely incredible plates; fabulous meal! My beef was perfectly cooked and rare -- and they didn't even ask me! No, sorry, there was NO room for dessert, but we did split a digestif from Sardenia; can't remember the name, but it was made from grapes, and was wonderful! So ... we will definitely be back!!!

Crawled back to the hotel, and R is now snoring away! I've got Italia-Greece playing soccer on TV...score tied 1-1 in the second period.

I've now figured out that the pictures are, for some reason, posting backwards -- so, will do my best to describe them and get them in the correct order...no guarantees!

More later!
Love,
m

No comments: