Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dinner on Wednesday!





Hello! Realized at lunch today that I hadn’t written about dinner last night – so figured I’d take care of that before we head out yet again and I get REALLY behind.

We had made reservations at our hotel’s roof-top restaurant for 7 p.m. As the weather was pretty brisk, they didn’t have the outdoor terrace part open, but we were seated next the glass looking out on a great view. The meal started with breads and a tomato tapenade as well as a small bowl of olive oil. Just terrific – they have great bread here too! For starters, I ordered a dish made of eggplant; R ordered artichokes. They were both terrific, but I think that mine was terrificer! Then came the main courses. R, ever the brave man, ordered fresh sea bass and I ordered – guess what? You’re right! A chicken dish with roasted eggplant, zucchini and tomato in a great light cream sauce. As I hope you’ll be able to see from the pictures, R’s fully and carefully boned fish came in a butter caper sauce – on a brazier to keep it warm! It was amazing! His dish also came with vegetables and potato croquettes with cinnamon. My dish was great, and came with French fries. We also had a bottle of white house wine; also great!

After all that, while we thought about dessert, neither of us had any room at all, so we headed back downstairs to our room – and each had a piece of Turkish Delight from the container left for us in our room!

And so ends a terrific day!
Much love,
m
x

No comments: